Sunday, April 19, 2015

True Beauty

"Problems and strife come as a result of our not knowing who we are and not being able to show our inner beauty. We’ve created so much judgment about what’s “perfect,” which leads to doubt and competitiveness. ".   Anita Moorjani  Dying to be Me


I think we all struggle to find and accept our beauty.  We believe the advertisers who tell us we cannot be beautiful unless we do this, buy that, etc.  We are rarely at peace with our beauty in the moment, because we are committed instead to BECOMING beautiful.

Since I was given the "bad" news about my health, I have had several moments in the last couple of weeks where I look in the mirror and see my own beauty!  It may start with a recognition of the exterior, but then it goes much, much deeper.  It is almost as if I am perceiving myself from the inside out and the Self that I am perceiving is glowing with incandescent light.

This is such a foreign concept to me that at first I did not recognize myself or even believe in what I was seeing.  I kept waiting for the illusion to disappear!  As I sat with the image a bit longer, I accepted this inner being as the Me/Self that was created at the beginning of time and will continue on forever.

I felt in someway that I was meeting mySelf for the very first time!  More importantly, I was captured by the immense beauty, power and love that was Me and exuding from Me.  I felt beautiful and blessed in a way that no superficial view of myself could ever offer.

All of this is coming from my willingness to "Look Deeper"; to release the past and the fear and anger that went with it; to forgive myself for the skewed perspectives I held on to for so long; to release the patterns of self hatred; to see the golden and silver threads that connect us all as an ancient and infinite energy that can never be divided; to allow each day to be a new beginning where the past is nonexistent and I am healthy, loved and have completely and spiritually surrendered.


“The reality of my life cannot die for I am indestructible consciousness.”~Paramahansa Yogananda

"Because the external world is simply a reflection of our internal world.  And the internal world gets knocked around daily by the circumstances that occur in the external world.  Life is a delicate dance of internal alignment and external circumstances."
- Ruth Lera

No comments: