Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sweet Spiritual Surrender

Sweet Spiritual Surrender

As I continue to reflect on the themes in Dying to be Me and how this book relates to my imminent health crisis, I realize the topic of surrender must once again be addressed.

So what does it mean to surrender?  Some may consider surrender an acceptance of defeat in that they believe nothing more can be done by their own will, so why fight it?  They have lost the battle so a sense of melancholy takes hold.  This is simply another game of the ego and has nothing to do with sweet spiritual surrender.

True surrender is an all pervasive acceptance that the little self is no longer in charge and could not be because the larger Self has merged into a oneness with the Creator/Source/God and the power that comes from this merger is phenomenal!

I have had two life threatening situations - one being mowed down purposely by a car while on my bicycle and the other when I was cut off in rush hour traffic and I spun my car around into oncoming traffic (specifically an oncoming truck) on the busiest freeway in the U.S.  In both these situations, I had absolutely no control over what the final outcome would be.

It was in the moment of knowing this that I surrendered completely.  In both instances my consciousness went straight to God and I merged my higher Self with the Creator's power!  

In that merger, deep and profound peace entered every inch of my being.  I had no doubt that I was being cared for by such tremendous and powerful love that I felt totally safe.  Whatever might happen was no longer my concern because I was infinite and loved in a way my human self could not understand.

As I surrendered fully, I felt the impact of the car with my bike and my body.  At that same time, I felt the hand of one angel take my left shoulder and the hand of another angel taking my right shoulder.  Ever so gently I was lifted up and placed onto the street.  My head went back and connected with the asphalt but I felt nothing.  The only proof of this was the deep gouge in my helmet.  The driver and his passenger laughed at me and drove away.  Everyone who witnessed this thought I was dead.  I had one tiny puncture wound in my lower leg!

The incident where my car spun around was just as dramatic.  As I faced the truck coming at me, I saw the driver gesturing madly trying to get me to move out of his way!  I raised my hands up and again in total peace, I shrugged at him!  My thoughts were gone as I had become pure awareness.  My car came to rest on the side of the freeway facing backwards, but it hit nothing!

For whatever reasons, I was not supposed to transitions on those days.  I will never forget the powerful experience of giving up all control and feeling such extraordinary bliss by doing so.  This is not easy to do in our everyday lives, but we must strive to achieve this sweet spiritual surrender so that we may know ourSelves as One with God and we may experience this incredibly peace and bliss that follows.

In so doing, we have no other option but to live fearlessly!

No comments: