Friday, October 25, 2013

Forgiveness Lessons

I continue to learn lessons of forgiveness. Forgiveness is NOT about the other person or about condoning something. Forgiveness is about freedom for yourself. When we forgive, we allow our bodies, our minds, and our spirits to be free from anger and fear...from there, we move into love which is healing and powerful. 

Recently, I also learned that forgiveness is about allowing another person or persons to make the choice to no longer have a relationship with me. For a long time, I believed that if I forgave someone and they forgave me, it was imperative that we continue a relationship. I could not understand someone no longer wanting to stay connected...after all, there was forgiveness, wasn't there?

Now I understand that true forgiveness means letting go when one or both of us needs to walk away. No one is required to remain connected. Being able to let go with love is perhaps the most healing and powerful journey we can undertake.

May all your days be blessed with love, healing and forgiveness when necessary.

No comments: