Thursday, September 14, 2017

Non resistance

"Enlightenment could be defined as the absence of resistance to what is, the total intimacy with whatever is taking place without any desire to reject or replace it; so intimate that there is no room for a self to separate itself out from the whole."
     ~Rupert Spira

Yesterday, this Lesson came to me in no uncertain terms!

I learned as a child to behave in certain ways to assure an outcome which felt safe to me.  

As an adult who desires to be more spontaneous and recognizes that no outcome is always assured, this behavior no longer serves me - even the thoughts behind the action require understanding, forgiveness and release.

I have learned to replace control with faith....a faith in a greater intelligence that desires the absolute best for me.  In this process, I am free to see and acknowledge that often the journey is more telling than the destination.

No comments: