Wednesday, May 17, 2017

God, Angels and Miracles

Sometime ago I was riding my bike to Griffith Park for one loop around the whole park, then home. I approached an intersection where I had a full green, but I was cautious nonetheless. As I began to cross, I saw a car speed out from a gasoline station/mini market. I knew immediately and intuitively that they were aiming for me to run me down! I prayed, knowing I was about to die. I said "God, please don't let it hurt." At that moment I felt one Angel take my right shoulder and one Angel take my left...they softly placed me down on the pavement and cushioned my head as I hit! I looked up and saw the two me lean out of the window, laugh at me and take off! Four cars followed them thinking they had killed me. The policeman would not go after them claiming he had to wait for the detectives!! Their car was stolen and they were gone...apparently the gas station refused to sell them beer as they were already drunk so they took their anger out on me. I had one tiny puncture on my leg!! The bike and helmet were mangled! Years later, in rush hour traffic on the 101 freeway heading east bound, I was cut off and oversteered causing my car to spin around facing an oncoming truck! I had no control of the car and again surrendered myself over to God's will, even taking my hands off the wheel! My car came to rest on the shoulder of the freeway, still facing backward into oncoming traffic, but I had not hit anything!! The power of God, prayer and surrender is beyond our grasp!! I have never feared death since.

No comments: