Friday, August 25, 2017

My Time with Angels

One day many years ago, I arrived home from work and realized there was enough light left in the day to ride to Griffith Park, loop around it and come home.  I got dressed, put on my helmet and set off.

At the second major intersection, I had a full green light with no traffic so I started across...suddenly, I heard the sharp squeal of tires burning against pavement.  I looked up to see a car coming straight for me and within a nanosecond I knew they were aiming to hit me on purpose!

Something within me told me I would not survive the impact.  I let go.  I mean I really surrendered with only one thought, "Please God, don't let it hurt."  

Then nothing.  Time stopped.

THUMP! The car hit me - not the bike, but me, straight on.  I flew up into the air.

Suddenly, I felt the softest hand take my left shoulder and another hand take my right.  As if I were nothing but a feather, these two hands, which by now I knew were two Angels, lifted me ever so gently into the air and placed me oh, so softly on the ground!

Sprawled on my back on the pavement, I looked up into the faces of two men who laughed at the job they had done and screamed off into the evening!  Several cars followed them, believing they had intentionally murdered me - after all, no one could have survived that hit.

I was taken to the hospital.  I had only one puncture would on my lower leg and some sore muscles.  The police never pursued the men and the car they were driving was stolen.

I was alive!  The bike was not, but I was!


I was more alive than I had been because I knew unequivocally that my Angels were real and were constantly protecting me.

No comments: