Saturday, June 4, 2011

What is it like for you, my extra sensitive travellers?

I am writing this for all my fellow travellers - those who suffer in pain or from illness and those who are just trying to navigate a world that can be hard to understand.  I am one who has experienced both - the pain and illness as well as the horrible confusion caused by being in a world I just don't always understand.  Most of the people who find me experience these same things so you are never alone.

Recently, I saw The Green Mile once again. The movie took my breath away, but not for the reasons you might think.  For the first time in my life, someone had written what it is like for me to live in my body, with my gifts and sensitivities.  I felt such relief because I have been diagnosed with depression and so many other things that label me as "less than".  I suspect many of you reading this have been through this as well.  You are NEVER "less than".

Here is the speech at the end of the movie when John Coffey (wrongly accused of raping and murdering two young girls) is about to walk "the green mile" to the electric chair and he explains to Paul (the head guard) why he wishes to go through with the execution:

Paul: On the day of my judgement, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That is was my job? My job?


Coffey: You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?


Paul: Yes, John. I think I can.

The Green Mile

written by Frank Darabont, from the novel by Stephen King

Each time I hear this, I want to cry - tears of joy that someone else "gets it" and tears of pain because it is like glass in my head all the time and so many don't get it.

So let's focus on one part of that speech that is truly powerful and may be overlooked:  "...and he asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles..."  My fellow seekers, that is what we have to remember - we are ALL true miracles of the Creator, whether you believe the Creator is a God or an intelligent energy and force that brings this amazing Universe into existence.  Never forget this no matter how hard it gets and it can get pretty hard for those of us who are so sensitive.

It is my belief that we are all part of God/Creator/Force so therefore we have no true reason to suffer - after all, would God punish him/herself on purpose?  I try to remember this when I am deep, deep down in the muck and open my eyes to the fact that I must change my perspective if I am to survive the muck.  In other words, I try to ask for guidance and to understand why this particularly hard time is part of my life. To date, I have always received THE answer!  Not always an answer I wanted or expected, but THE answer.

More than ever, as the world is approaching a huge shift predicted by the Mayans, the Native Americans and many other ancient civilizations, we sensitive souls are needed here on Earth.  Dig in and hold on - but always remember as one of God's true miracles you are here for a purpose and here at this particular time because you have proven yourself to be courageous in the face of incredible pain.

I am so honored to know many of you and to have worked with many of you...you give me strength at the times when I need it most.  I thank you and I reach out my hand to each and every one of you - take it and then link hands with someone else.  Together, we can and will see through the fog to realize we are amidst a paradise that is beyond belief.  Namaste.










No comments: